Pages

Sunday, December 4

i'm so sorry

I'm back again! Are you sick of me yet? :)

When I saw the Celebrating Relationships challenge in the Moxie Fab World was keying in on National Dog Day I wanted to create something special for the occasion. I saw this photo on the http://www.freekibble.com/ website and it's been tugging on my heartstrings ever since...


So true.

I made a sympathy card for a friend who lost his beloved Golden Retreiver to cancer. Here is Jake, his angel dog, with his golden wings.


I'm also submitting this to the Anything Goes challenges at Wee Memories and Simon Says Stamp.

Did you notice the black smudge on the tree? I dropped my Memento ink pad and because I am the personification of Murphy's Law, it fell face down. Grrr...

To quote my hometown drive-in operator (typed in a very heavy French accent), "If you liked it, tell your friends. If you didn't like it, don't mention it." LOL

Thanks for visiting,
Barb xo

Supplies:
Cardstock: (Blueberry Sky, Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Clear Stamps: (Critters in the 'Burbs, Bon Voyage, Harold's ABC's) Lawn Fawn, (heart image from Folkal Points set) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Tuxedo Black, VersaMark) Tsukineko
Coloring Media: (various Sketch markers) Copic
Embossing Powder: (Gold Filigree) Stewart Superior
Trim: (Honeydew) The Twinery
Misc: (grass border from Actopus to Zelephant collection) K&Company

19 comments:

Annette said...

aww so cute...love this scene you have created...how sad that your friend lost his dog...I know he will be comforted by your card...it is just so sweet...

Donelda said...

What an adorable card - love the little wings!!

onecraftymama said...

How can we be sick of your awesome creations? Silly girl!
I really like how you've made the grass. The texture jumps right out!
I have to make a feline sympathy card for my sister, as she just lost her 13-year-old Siamese. Your card is the perfect prompt for me to get one started.

Marlena M. said...

Your card is so sweet and that photo is so true! ;)

Cath said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for linking this up to the Celebrating Relationships Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear of your friend's lost companion. I'm sure this will be greatly appreciated. Darling card.

Isha said...

Cute card Barb!!! I gave up on blogger and signed up via email today.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a sweet card. Love the angel wings. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)

Jenny said...

Awww Barb this is just so perfect to comfort a friend through the loss of their beloved pet.
Too bad about the inkpad mishap...can say I wouldn't have noticed, looks like part of the shading :)
jenny x

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh this is so cute!!!Thanks for playing along with wee Memories this week!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Barb, this couldn't be any sweeter! I love how you made little wings for the dog and the way you looped string through the bottom of the grass is awesome.

Laurel said...

Barb, I don't think I have ever seen a cuter sympathy card. I love that you gave the dog angel wings..... I love how you pulled the twine thru the bottom! Absolutely adorable.... So glad you joined us at Wee Memories... This is fantastic!

Colleen Dietrich said...

First of all, congrats on being mentioned at Moxie Fab World for this card!

Second, this is truly adorable, and probably made your friend feel a wee bit better about his/her loss. So thoughtful.

And thirdly, that ink pad fall simply gave your tree some depth that I absolutely thought was intentional!

Chunyuan said...

congrats on your win at the MFW. It is such a cute card.

mimijudy1975 said...

My heart goes out to your friend. The loss of a pet is so sad.Our doggies and kitties are are "children"
I'm sure she will be very grateful that you made her this sweet card showing how much you care.
I have that same stamp ,it's one of my favorite.
Your card is sweet.

Virginia L. said...

Yippee! SO thrilled about your win, Barb! Thanks so much for the birthday cad that came in the mail on my birthday! xoxo

Annette said...

Congrats on winning at Moxie Fab...that is so cool...

onecraftymama said...

Huge congrats on the Moxie Fab win, Barb! This really is one of the sweetest sympathy cards I've ever seen - I borrowed the angel wings idea for the sympathy card I sent my sister for her cat, but of course flaked & forgot to take a pic. Urgh.

maria f. said...

Happy 2012 to you! Was just catching up on Moxie Fab and see that your card won. Rightfully so!